|1. Position||Shokutaku Lecturer (1-year contract, renewable twice)|
|2. Number of Position
|3. Major Field
||TESL/TEFL, SLA, English Communication, Intercultural Communication, Business Communication, or related field
|4. Department||Department of English Language and Literature
(Faculty of Humanities and Social Science)
Basic English (General Education), Reading I/II, Writing I/II, Speaking I/II, Listening I/II, Academic Writing I/II, etc.
Global English Lecture, Global English Workshop, Business English, Medical English, etc.
English Immersion Program
English Program during the summer vacation or the spring recess when necessary
Committees, PR (e.g., Open Campus), Admissions, Public lectures,
Proctoring examinations, etc.
|6. Starting Date
||April 1, 2018
|7. Labor Conditions
（1） Working Hours : 10 90-minute classes(koma) per week, plus additional duties
（2） Salary : According to Kyoto Notre Dame University employment regulation
（3） Holidays : According to Kyoto Notre Dame University employment regulations
（4） Insurance : Private School Personnel Mutual Aid System
(all of the following must be satisfied)
1. M.A. in TESL/TEFL, SLA, English Communication, Intercultural Communication, Business Communication, or related field (Ph.D. preferred)
Speaker of English with native-level fluency, and able to handle Japanese at work (for general administrative tasks)
2. Have at least three years' experience teaching students English as a foreign language at the university level
3. Experience in and motivation for program and curriculum development
4. High level of enthusiasm about education, research, and duties
5. Residence within commuting distance of the University
|9. Application materials
||1. Curriculum Vitae (use the designated form)
2. Single copies of all diplomas
3. List of books, papers, and presentations (use the designated form)
4. Single offprint/copy of each of three main academic publications. Each must include a short abstract (500 words in English, or 1000 characters in Japanese).
5. A portfolio of classroom materials created by the applicant (for online materials a URL is sufficient).
6. Statement of purpose / teaching philosophy
7. Two references (name, affiliation, and contact info)
Note 1: Files for （1） and （2） are available at the University Home Page:
List of Publications：
Note 2: Attach proofs for publications that are "in print" or "to appear."
Note 3: On the list of publications, mark three latest main publications with ○, and
identify the most important work among the three with ◎
Note 4: Submitted materials will not be returned to the applicant.
|10. Application Deadline
||August 31, 2017 (must be received)
||（1） Primary Selection (Based on resumes, written applications, etc.)
（2） Second Stage (Based on interview and research/teaching presentation)
※ Further details of “research/teaching presentation” will be given directly to the invited applicant.
※ We will not cover travel expenses.
※ The result of the screening will be notified to the applicant in writing.
|12. Send documents to
京都ノートルダム女子大学 教育支援部学事課 宛
NB: All application materials must be sent by registered mail/commercial parcel delivery.
Please write in red on the envelope: "ATTN: Application Documents for the Department of English Language and Literature C (Shokutaku)"
|13. Questions should be sent to